Sunday, November 22, 2009

TO UNDERSTAND WHAT LOVE IS NOT

By TNK's VisIoniSTA


My best friend left me.
No, he didn’t leave me at the altar,
But he BROKE my heart.
And he did it in a moment when I NEEDED him most.
I was vulnerable, and he KNEW it, too.
Yet, he LIED, created his own DISGUISE,
And said he did NOT know me.
I was told this, but I couldn’t believe it.
I couldn’t believe a man of his CHARACTER
Would stoop so low.
I absolutely did NOT believe he had this in his flow.
I thought I KNEW this man
I would have put money on his GOOD DEEDS.
Yet, how could he turn around and smite me?
He denied me
Like Judas denied Christ.
It was bitter and my pain was indescribable.
I was in a CRISIS and he jumped out of the car to save himself.
He left me because his face was all that he CARED about.
The story becomes sourer
As he chose to ignore me when I recovered.
It’s as if our friendship NEVER existed.
It’s as if I NEVER really knew this MAN.
He is gone,
And I’m left thinking, “What the heck were we ALL along?”
I can’t quite imagine these circumstances,
But they happened, and I could choose to crumble.
However, I just know…
It’s TIME to start AGAIN.
For a man that CANNOT STAND for what is GOOD,
For what is RIGHT,
Is a MAN that surely NEEDS to ADJUST his SIGHT.
What has happened is DONE.
I’m not amused that I was SHUNNED.
For are we not CHRISTIANS,
And do we not PREACH LOVE?
Wasn’t that his ONE MESSAGE from above?
I’m ALARMED to say that I THOUGHT I knew this man.
I’m at PEACE to say that I do NOT know him any longer.
If one is to ABANDON a FRIEND,
A CLOSE FRIEND, in a dire circumstance,
Shouldn’t they CONSIDER what THEY PREACH
Before they drive a wedge in the ground THAT IS SO DEEP?
I’m NOT a vengeful soul,
I’m NOT a bitter spirit,
I’ll CHOOSE LOVE ALWAYS over hate.
This has ALWAYS been on my plate.
What do I give to someone who took it ALL?
I’ll give him a PACKAGE with FORGIVENESS
And it will be laced in LOVE.
A PRESENT as BEAUTIFUL as this one can only be given ONCE,
And I’ll give it to him, NO strings attached.
Perhaps, maybe he could AT LEAST RESPOND back.
For when I give him the PRESENT
I’ll LEAVE it at his door
My life is no longer with a FAKE
I’m FREE to choose and MAKE it as it comes.
I walk on…
And if he so dares to RECEIVE my GIFT,
We’ll MOVE ON,
We’ll leave this behind.
But time is different NOW
And his TRUE COLORS cannot be hidden from mine.
I’ll ACCEPT his friendship,
But the stakes will be GONE
Because I have most DEFINITELY MOVED ON.
On a BEAUTIFUL journey I was,
But a painful LESSON had to be TAUGHT.
I understand NOW more than I could have,
Had this NOT been TRUE.
I move on, ALL is anew.
I wish him my BLESSINGS,
A BEAUTIFUL life
Mine is forever DIFFERENT,
But I choose to LEAVE behind any STRIFE.
I wouldn’t want it ANY OTHER WAY
I’d rather really KNOW A SOUL
Before he leads me ASTRAY.
I’d rather really know,
WHAT LOVE ISN’T
So I can really KNOW
WHAT LOVE SHOULD BE.
I’m fortunate to be BLESSED with such an EXPERIENCE.
For now my SIGHT is WISER,
And my HEART is actually BRIGHTER
To love someone who has smacked you in the face,
TO wish them well,
Is definitely GOD’S AMAZING GRACE.
To find that INSIDE of you
Is but a GOD given GIFT
You’ve reached HIGHER,
And you’ve reached FARTHER
You’ve created a NEW PATH
There will be NO score to end at last.
It’s an OPPORTUNITY to see if
You REALLY LIVE what YOU PREACH.
It’s an opportunity to SET yourself FREE.
It’s TIME to know God’s PEACE.
I left the package at his step.
I still don’t know if he picked it up yet.
I walked away KNOWING that this was GOD’S day.
For what he TAUGHT me I shall NEVER FORGET:
Forgiveness is the KEY if you wish to set yourself FREE.
I could not love deeper if I hadn’t been hit to the ground.
Now, I truly have a chance to show
That LOVE is the GREATEST POWER,
And it’s what I’m LOYAL to.
I’m NOT going to hate someone
Whose INTENTIONS LEAVE my face BLANK.
Never could I have fought more to do the RIGHT
Had he not been so low to fight.
To really COMPREHEND what
LOVE IS NOT
Is a GIFT from GOD,
For now I see, WHAT LOVE SHOULD BE.